'member 'bout that line in that blue october song... the hate me song... that says "Playing movies in my head that make a porno feel like home"... 'member 'bout how when we found it that was so profound... of being in those dark places long enough that visual ugliness seemed like a better place to be.
if you're new here and you don't 'member 'bout that you can go here and listen to it:
hate me - blue october
'member 'bout how we talked about how no matter what happened we would always be friends and 'bout how that's what it means to be friends? yeah, and sometimes i wish you were here to see these other things and hear these other things and see what people are really like sometimes. i wish we could walk down to the beach and we could talk about simplicity and cycles and take a drive and see the lighthouse lady... and talk about chuck palahniuk because i just read his book diary. you know it says in there... "if you don't understand something you can make it mean anything" and know what? he's totally right.
so here is my postcard to you... that i would throw off the space needle in the pitch black of a cold windy evening:
"i trust people and sometimes they let me down. sometimes i take that personally. i'm smarter than that though. it's not personal. i'm still a good person just for the sake of it. i'm not judging i'm just saying that people sometimes are sausage heads. and really... do i look worried?"
4 comments:
And we will always be friends. Thank you for sharing your post-card with me.
I am really sorry that people let you down. I am sorry that you take it personally. I am sorry that people are sausage heads. I know that you are a good person, just for the sake of being a good person. I know that it is not enough to just not do bad shit, but you need to do good shit. I know you understand this and live it. You are one of the most amazing people I have ever met, and I love you.
I'm sorry that we live in a crazy, fucked up world that most of the time makes no sense at all, and we have to make, and give meaning to things because we don't know what they mean at all. I am also glad that we have the opportunity to give meaning to things that we don't understand, that we get to carve our understanding of the world around us. We can give people the benefit of the doubt, except when their heads are filled with sausage because those are the kind of people are the kind of people that don't like arroz con pollo, they are the kind of people that don't care about genocide in Darfur, they are the kind of people that can't see past their own huge, fat noses and actually see the world around them and have struggles trying to make sense of it all. They are assholes my friend, assholes.
Sometimes this shitty life, doesn't make sense and I have really bad allergies, and all I want is the abandoned yellow house on the shore and banana pancakes. Sometimes life is majestic, and the music and the weather and the mood all come to an intersection and share the same time and place and fresh water and salt water combine and it is perfect, and fucking amazing.
Post a Comment