02 April 2008

ever get that feeling...

ever get that feeling that you aren't such a great friend? ever get that pang in your chest when you realize that you haven't honoured someone you should have? ever wonder how you still have a friend in which you can reach emotional intimacy with in a matter of minutes regardless of how long it's been since you've spoken? ever wonder how when someone has a plate full of their own problems and pain and shitty stuff they still manage to have love and empathy and an open heart for the small shit you're currently sweating?



all i can say is i am a damn lucky girl to have a friend like jay. and so for him this is the song you must have on repeat in your life... because " I find the map and draw a straight line, Over rivers, farms, and state lines, The distance from 'A' to where you'd be, It's only finger-lengths that I see, I touch the place where I'd find your face, My finger in creases of distant dark places"

i'll just say aloud i love him more than crushed ice and i am grateful for the trust, respect and the love. i'm also grateful that he knows that i am imperfect but getting better everyday. i'll also say aloud that if i could be anywhere right now... i would be in massachusetts where we could sit under the dark sky and talk until dawn.

No comments: