di·aph·a·nous – adjective 1. very sheer and light; almost completely transparent or translucent. 2. delicately hazy. 3. Vague or insubstantial
13 January 2008
tori amos witnesses another crushing defeat of my certainty... luckily her and i have hiked out of this fucking canyon before
for your viewing / reading / listening pleasure. for a long long time i've wanted to take lyrics from tori amos song and makes plates / cups with the words inscribed in circles. i've also thought of painting these lyrics on walls and making framed pictures with just the words cut out of newspaper. the obsession may have gone a little far even for me... and i'm a girl content with my obsessions. the only thing worth mentioning about today is that i had a chance to see my family, a chance to spend time with two of my best friends, lost a hard drive - maxtor 3200 with all my data on it rest in peace, a chance to have a few good phone conversations and then at the end of the day when i should have been preparing for my interviews tomorrow and thinking about how everything in my life is moving forward at a nice steady positive pace i was shot down. i suppose in fairness i have been too happy lately... too content... too certain that my life was on a good path. i was due for a little shit. so i cried. i cried really hard. so it sucked. we all know that this is just how things end some days no matter how awesome the beginning is. luckily i had the piece of mind to put together my tori montage, mmmmm. tori amos and the fucking canyon of crazy / emerson hole of defeat / dragon to slay in my own backyard. i might need an intervention in a few days. more tomorrow.
We've all been Pushed Too far
I guess on days like this
you know who your friends are
And I'm down to Your last cigarette and
this "We are one" crap as you're invading
This thing you call Love
Sure you talk the talk when you need to
She's afraid of the light in the dark
6:58 are you sure where my spark is
She's convinced she could hold back a glacier
But she couldn't keep Baby alive
Doubting if there's a woman in there somewhere
Yes my loyalties turned
These precious things
Let them bleed
Let them wash away
These precious things
Let them break their hold over me
I wanna smash the faces
Of those beautiful boys
Those christian boys
So you can make me cum
That doesnt make you jesus
Cause sometimes
I said sometimes
I hear my voice
And it's been here
Silent All These Years
Years go by
Will I still be waiting
For somebody else to understand
Years go by
Will I choke on my tears
Till finally there is nothing left
One more casualty
You know we're too easy Easy Easy
I hear a voice you must learn to stand up for yourself
Cause I cant always be around
He says when you gonna make up your mind
When you gonna love you as much as I do
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment